Operations Specialist, Claim-Rancho Cordova/Sacramento, California Job
Date: May 4, 2013
Location: Rancho Cordova, CA, US
That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Location: Rancho Cordova/Sacramento, California
Travelers has built a solid reputation as a leading insurance company with endless opportunities for our talented and passionate employees who are committed to our company-s success and their own. We are one of the leading insurance companies in the United States driving to be the best, and we need individuals who can help us stay in-synch with our customer-s ever-changing needs. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers and opportunities for our employees.
If you are curious and like to search for the truth, then put your 4 year degree and/or previous customer service experience to work with us. We are looking for results-driven, customer service focused individuals who have a sincere interest in helping people and building relationships. The Claim Operations Specialist position is designed to introduce you to the insurance profession, while providing you the opportunity to advance into a claim professional handling role.
As a member of the Operations Support team, you will offer critical support to our claim centers, providing front-line assistance to our customers and claim professional staff. Responsibilities within the team include telephone customer service, financial transactions, updating and managing critical business information, reviewing and assigning newly reported insurance claims, and other administrative duties and projects as assigned. Members of the team also participate in developmental activities designed to prepare them for future roles within the organization.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Serving as a customer service representative for the Claim department by promptly and professionally addressing customer questions and concerns, which may include:
- Rental status calls, CAT support and appraisal contacts
Providing additional administrative support as required.
Financial Self Assessment (FSA) Services:
Assessing reasonableness of data as well as identifying discrepancies, including reconciliations.
Performing underlying controls and effectively communicating findings.
Assessing the effectiveness of financial controls.
Preparing data entries in accordance with established standards.
Supporting statutory reporting requirements.
Multi-line Claim Operational Service:
- Entering data, typing and copying forms and documents including claim diaries and notes.
- Correcting wage statements
- Setting up new claims using Claim Platform
- Requesting police reports and medical records
- Reviewing medical bills for proper billing and coding
- Sending certified mail and overnight packages
- Printing documents from the Claim Platform electronic File Cabinet
- Maintaining paper and/or electronic documents in claim file folders or electronic file cabinet, ensuring accuracy and tidiness. Using proper software, consistently move closed files to and from off-site storage.
Preparing, generating and reviewing monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc reports, documents and presentations using the most effective technology:
- This may include updating basic data discrepancies identified in reports.
- Using management information data to prepare line of business or financial reports, including:
- Daily reports for claim professions from Claim Platform
- Escalation duty workflow reports
- Tracking tasks using Access
Claim payments and expense processing:
Processing and issuing invoice, outside expense, attorney expense and centralized expense payments.
Processing cancelled checks, voided checks and credits, input outside manual checks, report inside manual checks and document activity on systems note screens, as required.
Ensure timeliness and accuracy of all check processing.
- Performing quality contacts to assist as a result of catastrophic claim events
- Creating efficiencies by recommending alternative workflows
General Operations Functions:
- Receiving, sorting, processing and distributing incoming mail. Researching for the appropriate recipient may be required.
- Sorting checks, opening, date-stamping and securing.
- Collecting and processing out-going mail including Fed Ex
- Photocopying, scanning and uploading to the virtual file cabinet
- Ordering, receiving and distributing supplies and/or equipment.
EDUCATION/COURSE OF STUDY:
College degree preferred and/or equivalent work experience.
- Claim handling or customer service experience a plus but not required.
- Ability to work independently or function as a team member with increasingly limited supervision.
- Excellent telephone, customer service and communication skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize daily assignments
- Must be highly organized with ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail is a must
- Proficient computer skills and ability to learn new applications in a department with the most advanced and continually improving computer platforms
Excellent verbal and written communication skills required to manage customer service requests, provide information to Claim professionals and to respond to oral and written instructions.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) skills required
Working knowledge of Access a plus.
Comfortable with newer and emerging technology and tools.
Highly proficient at data entry
Accountability: Takes ownership and responsibility for actions and outcomes, performance and results.
Analytical Thinking: Identifies current or future problems or opportunities, analyzes, synthesize and compares information to understand issues, identifies cause/effect relationships and explores alternative solutions to support sound decision-making.
Change Management / Resilience: Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
Communication: Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
Customer Focus: Provides service excellence to internal or external clients.
Judgment / Decision Making: Exercises sound judgment, makes decisions and commits to a position.
Leveraging Differences: Works with and includes people from different backgrounds, experiences, cultures, races, etc. and views those differences as assets to be leveraged to accomplish business goals and objectives.
Relationship Management: Seeks out, builds, fosters and maintains productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results.
Teamwork: Works together in situations when actions are interdependent and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We actively promote a drug-free workplace.
Job Category: Claim
Nearest Major Market: Sacramento
Job Segments: Claims, Operations Manager, Operations, Administrative Assistant, Change Management, Insurance, Administrative, Management