Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
As an actuarial intern you may have exposure to different levels of management and attend a few networking/social events and training courses. Actuarial interns are viewed as a source of future candidates for an Actuarial and Advanced Analytics Leadership Development Program (AALDP) internship or entry-level actuarial career opportunity.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Participate in a challenging actuarial work assignment that adds value and impact to the business.
• Gain first hand business experience.
• Receive valuable on-the-job training.
• Learn about actuarial positions available in the insurance industry.
Actuarial interns are paid full time (40 hours/week) for the 10–12 week length of the program. Positions are located in our Hartford, Conn. and St. Paul, Minn. offices.
• Preferred GPA of 3.2 or higher.
• Undergraduates earlier in their related studies.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Majors: Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, and other related majors.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Visa sponsorship is not offered for this position. In addition, applicants should be aware that Travelers typically does not offer visa sponsorship for applicants in post graduate entry-level full-time positions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.