At Travelers, diversity is not just good business, it’s a business imperative. That’s why we’ve dedicated ourselves to creating a work environment full of many perspectives with one like-minded goal – success.
Diversity, and the ideas it brings, is essential for our success as an insurance company. Travelers values the unique abilities and talents each individual has to offer.
We hire a diverse workforce to reflect the communities in which we do business.
Travelers values the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to the organization, and recognizes that we benefit in numerous ways from differences in culture, ethnicity, national origin, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability and sexual orientation. We also believe it’s important to strengthen our workforce to respond to an increasingly diverse customer base.
We foster an inclusive environment for all employees.
Travelers supports a work environment where all employees should feel they can work together to achieve their full potential.
We provide learning and development opportunities to advance diverse leaders.
Travelers provides opportunities for employees to seek career planning and mentoring assistance that will help them prepare for advancement. In addition, the company offers challenging job opportunities to help employees reach their personal potential.
We explore diverse markets today to tap into tomorrow’s opportunities.
The insurance business depends on good relationships. To foster these relationships, Travelers is committed to acknowledging and valuing the diversity that exists among our workforce, our business partners, our customers and our communities. Our diverse workforce also better enables us to identify and capitalize on a wide range of business opportunities in diverse markets. Stated plainly, we are committed to diversity in everything we say and do.
Our commitment in action
Individuals across the Travelers are focused on putting our commitment to diversity in action. We use these six pillars as a basis for our diversity-related initiatives:
- Senior level commitment and accountability
- Talent acquisition, retention and management
- Supplier diversity
- Diverse market development
- External/community relations
From these six pillars, Travelers has launched several initiatives aimed at fostering diversity internally and externally.
Travelers Diversity Networks
Travelers Diversity Networks (DNs) are voluntary organizations led by a team of selected employees dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. Open to all employees, the networks are part of Travelers’ overall diversity strategy and aim to help in fostering the retention, development and success of Travelers employees. In addition, these groups may be leveraged to provide insight to business leaders to help give the organization a competitive advantage.
The current Diversity Networks are:
- Asian Diversity Network
- Black/African American Diversity Network
- disAbility Network
- Hispanic/Latino Diversity Network
- LGBT & Allies Diversity Network
- Military and Veterans Diversity Network
- Women’s Diversity Network
Awards and recognition
We proudly accept the following recent recognition for the 30,000 employees who earned it.
- 25 Noteworthy Companies, DiversityInc, 2013 – 2016
- A Best Place to Work, Savoy Magazine, 2008
- Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality, Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 2016
- Corporate Conversion Award, INROADS, 2010
- Corporate Equality Index (CEI), published by the Human Rights Campaign, 2013-2015
- Corporate Partnership Award, International Association of Black Actuaries, 2009
- Mercury Sponsor Award, National African-American Insurance Association, 2012
- Star Award for Exemplary Partnership, The Posse Foundation, 2010
- U.S. Business Leadership Network Award, U.S. Business Leadership Network, 2008
- Age-Friendly Certified Employer, RetirementJobs.com, 2008
- America’s Best Employers, Forbes Magazine, 2015-2016
- Best for Vets, Military Times, 2010-2011, 2014-2016
- Minnesota Work-Life Advocate, Minnesota Work-Life Champions Awards Program, 2008
- Top 100 Military Friendly Employers, G.I. Jobs Magazine, 2007-2016
- Top Connecticut Employer Award, Connect-Ability, 2012
- U.S. Veterans Magazine, Top Veteran-Friendly Companies 2014
Take the first step toward joining an organization where you can truly make a difference.
Travelers earned a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2016 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), and has also been named to CEI's list of Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality.